Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Sewing Project

I have some close friends who got married recently. They asked me if I could make their wedding clothes, and of course I said yes. In the past this would not have been any problem. I have been used to working for weeks at a time 'till late in the night sewing.

I love to sew.

I did not count on how much effort I would have to put into it now that I have a small baby. What would have taken me mere weeks to do before her, took me three months of concerted effort.

I was stressed and felt the weight of juggling sewing time with the quality time my daughter deserved.

Well, the day of the wedding finally came, and as I helped the bride to dress I began to feel a weight lift.
All my effort and stress was worth it though. Both the Bride and Groom said the most beautiful things and thanked me publically in their speeches- making me speechless and a little embarrassed, something people who know me will know happens very rarely.

I have to say that I am quite proud of the end results, and even though at the time I was stressed, I an happy I was able to give them this gift.

See how gorgeous they all looked:
Page boy's vest and flower girl's dress.
Bride's maids dresses.
Groom's vest and jacket, groomsmen's vests.
Bride and Groom.

Bride and Groom's daughter.

So after all that sewing you'd think that I would have had it with sewing. But remember, I love to sew. I made my own daughter a dress just like the Bride and Groom's daughter to go to a medieval festival over Easter. And I have agreed to make one of the groomsmen a jacket like the Groom's (if he agrees to cut the pattern out, i'll sew it together).

Strangely enough, my days have felt kinda empty since I finished......

2 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Cass said...

They did look awesome. You deserved all the thank yous at the wedding.

And if you ever get bored and need more sewing to do, I am sure I can come up with something! ;)

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Angel Singer said...

The clothes are STUNNING, particularly the bride's gown!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home