Monday, February 06, 2006

Another Cake Success!!!

For christmas, my in-laws gave me a children's birthday cake cookbook. I wanted it so that I could continue the tradition my parents started with us. every year, in the lead up to our birthday, my parents would get out the birthday cake book, and we would get to choose the cake we wanted.

The night before our party, mum would make the icing, and dad would decorate the cake. They were always fantastic. I want to be able to do the same for my baby girl.

Well, for her first birthday I will follow a tradition set by my sister-in-law. She made wonderful cakes for my Nephew and Neice, and let them have one all to themselves (see below).

So in the interests of practice, I present for you my most recent successful 'theme' birthday cake.
On Australia Day, a good friend M had his birthday. We hosted a BBQ birthday lunch for him. Knowing that he is a fan of the Decepticons, I made him a cake to reflect this.

Using this as a pattern........
I made this! Not bad for a first attempt at vienna cream icing and decorating a fancy cake. (It tasted really good too!)


I need a little work on the word piping- but I have a few years to get that right.

3 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger Cass said...

That icing was the bestest icing I have ever eaten. Best ... cake ... ever.

I hereby grant you permission you practice by making me a cake for my birthday in April. Aren't I generous? :)

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Capital Mum said...

I already had someting in mind :)

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Mikey_Capital said...

Awesome man, awesome.

I also did the Women's Weekly Cake Book thing. I went with spacemen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home