Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Waiting...

Well, I am now a day overdue to give birth to my first child. The experts (and believe me there are loads of them) tell me that first babies always come late. "Up the Duff" by Kaz Cooke tells me that only 3% of Australian babies come on time.
All this does nothing to make you feel better when you are this pregnant. I have to say that some of the best 'advice' I have had during these last few weeks has been from my mum. She (unlike all the baby books who seem to gloss over this part) has been brutally honest with how things are going right now- and I concur with her.

Any one who tells you that the last few weeks of pregnancy are good is LYING! They suck! If you have not gone totally bonkers from lack of sleep or getting up for the millionth time during the night to take a leak, then it boils down to the simple fact that you are just plain uncomfortable- ALL OF THE TIME.

If it was just the 10 extra kilos of weight hanging off your front, you could probably manage, but then you get the low back pain. And since you can only sleep on your side, you tend to get really sore hips from lying on them with all that extra weight. For me this means that generally I tend to only get about 1-2 hours sleep at a stretch before pain makes me wake and turn over to the other side- a task I'm sure really requires a forklift truck.

So here it is. I am now officially confirming the statistics. Next appointment with my obstetrician is in a weeks time - and if nothing has happened by then, we give the baby a push come next Wednesday (read induce the birth).

Here's hoping it don't take that long- I think I may look like something out of a George A. Romero flick if don't get some relief soon.

3 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger Mikey_Capital said...

What's your opinion of men who say 'If I could carry the baby for you I would' ?

Do you

A) Kick them in the groin and show 'carry that mutha'
B) Grab their lower lip and stretch it over their head
C) Be outraged that they even thought to say such a ridiculous thing then do A and B?

I know evolutionary women are designed to carry babies, and have done ever since we tamed the Jesus Horses and yeah did ride them like beasts. But as a dude, I catagorically state, rather you than me ! It look damned uncomfortable.

Have you been cursed with shrunken brain as well?

Good luck man. I'm crossing everything for you (except my legs - solidarity sister !)

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Hiraethin said...

Look, all I asked was that you wait until after Monday's game. It's frickin' Thursday!

PS nice avatar.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Prophetess said...

Inkie -

Has the youngun (like we say in Dallas, TX) come yet? I hope so because I don't like to see pregnant women in misery! When I was eight months preggers with my daughter, I had the most awful indigestion, heartburn, and upset stomach. Not to mention that my gal weighed so heavy in my belly. And she was only 5 pounds and 6 ounces when she finally made her way into the world. Not to scare you, but I was in misery and pain with my swollen feet. They looked like huge raw potatoes. Congratulations and be well, okay?

Signed -
www.thiswomansmadness.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home