Sunday, October 02, 2005

Lemon

Last I spent quite a bit of time enjoying the parkland and open spaces this city has to offer. This experience was only marred by the amount of garbage that spoilt the parklands.

On Saturday we went with our extended family to Floriade. The flowers were beautiful (you can see them here on Bimberi's blog, and hopefully soon on Technohorror's blog).

However, this is what greeted us at one end of the park. I would have thought with such a big tourist attraction as Floriade that more attention would be paid to clenliness.










So on the theme of rubbish marring the beautiful countryside, here is my contribution. (Note, I did not put the lemon on the shore of the lake, I just captured it with the camera)



Coming soon to a Technohorror blog near you: More photos of rubish where it should not be....shopping trolleys in the lake!

4 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger bimberi said...

Don't tell the tourism people where I live...

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Cass said...

M and I were out there on Sunday and I didn't see any trash problems at all. I did see a guy changing a bin. Maybe because it was a long weekend they were paying a bit more attention...?

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Capital Mum said...

Perhaps we were just unlucky to catch them on a bad day. Mum, J and I were out there today and there were loads of 'sanitation officers' cleaning up and emptying bins.

Luck of the draw I guess.

And yes, it was lovely being out there on a weekday when most people are at work :)

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Mikey_Capital said...

I love the steam organ. So big and noisy...

I hope it was there and you don't think I'm talking about my penis or something.

Stupid people and their messyness. We take a green bag with us places now and shove all the rubbish in that if we can't dump it properly.

Although the cinema bins always seem to run out of room quick too I have noticed. You'd think they'd think to put more bins out when there are more people - esp considering a large popcorn is the size of a encephalitic head and not many people can finish one in one sitting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home